1. Clean your dryer vent – inside & out.
2. Note: If you have a gas dryer make sure the vent that leads outside is not covered by snow to avoid carbon monoxide poisoning.
3. Wash or replace your shower curtain liner.
4. Test all smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors/Replace batteries if needed.
5. Check all downspouts and gutters to make sure they are not blocked or being weighed down by ice or icicles.
6. Check to make sure ice is not preventing your garage doors from closing properly.Check filter in HVAC system.
7. Change it if needed.Check unfinished areas of basement and attic for leaks near foundation and roof.
8. Check water softener. Refill salt if necessary.
9. Clean shower and sink drains. 10. Take your sinks apart by shutting off the water to the sink, removing the trap (put a bucket underneath!) and pulling out the gunk!
11. Put the sink back together and then disinfect it. Boil two quarts of water.
12. Put a cup of salt, a cup of baking soda, and a cup of vinegar into the drain.
13. After about 30 seconds, pour in the boiling water. Do not use the sink for a few hours after disinfecting.
14. You won’t be able to take the shower apart, but you can disinfect it the same way.Disinfect garbage disposal.
15. (Follow steps above for disinfecting drains.)Dust the air/heat vents and returns in each room.
16. Clean the oven.Disinfect all trashcans.Put WD-40 on cabinets or drawers. (January’s list included doors and windows.)
17. Check and clean dehumidifier or humidifier filters.Run all water in sinks and showers and flush toilets that are not used frequently.
18. Make sure all flashlights and lanterns have working batteries.
EXPERIENCE ISN’T EXPENSIVE …..IT’S PRICELESS
CALL JIM BASS GROUP TODAY 301-695-0000 THE EASIEST NUMBER IN REAL ESTATE